WELCOME TO NYSMSA
NYSMSA began in New York State in 1980 serving the needs of adults working with middle-level youth. NYSMSA supports teachers, administrators, parents and others in an effort to provide services to youth between the ages of ten and fifteen. NYSMSA is governed by officers and directors elected from across New York State.
New York State Middle School Assocation Hall of Fame
At our two most recent Annual Conferences (2018 and 2019), we at the NYS Middle School Association were proud to add five new members to our state's Middle Level Hall of Fame. Joining the inaugural inductee Connie Toepfer were Dennis Tosetto (2018), Dr. David Payton (2018), Ross Burkhardt (2019), Dr. Jeanette Stern (2019), and Tom Kane (2019). If you are familiar with the history of Middle Level Education in our state, you will agree the current Hall of Fame includes the Giants in our field.
Top Ten Reasons to Join NYSMSA
6. Have priority for serving on EE: STW® site visit teams and/or presenting at the annual NYSMSA Conference.
7. Receive special registration rates for attendance at the Annual Conference and regional workshops.
8. Support the only organization in New York State whose sole purpose is to promote middle-level education (e.g., Essential Elements) and the academic and personal development of young adolescents.
9. Become part of the solution by working with the NYSMSA Board of Directors and its regional networks to advocate for middle-level education, middle-level educators, and young adolescents locally and statewide.
10. Have an opportunity to “give back” to the profession, to help others as well as yourself. Demonstrate your middle-level professionalism today by joining NYSMSA.
1. Receive timely information on issues of importance to middle-level educators and keep pace with New York State’s rapidly changing middle-level landscape through regular publications (e.g., In Transition), Twitter, Facebook, a weekly “newsblast,” and special, in-depth reports on timely topics.
2. Become part of a collegial Statewide network of middle-level practitioners available 24/7 for advice and encouragement.
3. Have access to cost-effective, quality professional development and learning opportunities tailored to your specific needs.
4. For schools engaged in systemic school improvement, receive expert mentoring and guidance on best practices and current research from administrators and teachers of recognized Essential Elements: Schools-To-Watch® schools.
5. Build connections and personal contacts among the middle-level professional community.
PO Box 1329
Lewiston, NY 14092