BECOME A NYSMSA MEMBER
School Building Membership $150 (annual rate per building): School receives 3 sets of all NYSMSA publications and member registration rates for all school staff to NYSMSA’s Annual Fall Conference and regional workshops; casts 3 votes in regional elections. Primary contact receives membership-related correspondence.
Tier II Building Membership $500 annual rate: All of the Basic School Building Membership plus: Resource links to timely articles, Invitations for networking with other middle schools, Invitations to contribute examples of Essential Elements in action.
Individual Membership $50 (annual rate): Member receives 1 set of all NYSMSA publications and member rate for NYSMSA's Annual Fall Conference and regional workshops; 1 vote in annual elections.
1. Receive timely information on issues of importance to middle-level educators and keep pace with New York State’s rapidly changing middle-level landscape through regular publications (e.g., In Transition), Twitter, Facebook, a weekly “newsblast,” and special, in-depth reports on timely topics.
2. Become part of a collegial Statewide network of middle-level practitioners available 24/7 for advice and encouragement.
3. Have access to cost-effective, quality professional development and learning opportunities tailored to your specific needs.
4. For schools engaged in systemic school improvement, receive expert mentoring and guidance on best practices and current research from administrators and teachers of recognized Essential Elements: Schools-To-Watch® schools.
5. Build connections and personal contacts among the middle-level professional community.
6. Have priority for serving on EE: STW® site visit teams and/or presenting at the annual NYSMSA Conference.
7. Receive special registration rates for attendance at the Annual Conference and regional workshops.
8. Support the only organization in New York State whose sole purpose is to promote middle-level education (e.g., Essential Elements) and the academic and personal development of young adolescents.
9. Become part of the solution by working with the NYSMSA Board of Directors and its regional networks to advocate for middle-level education, middle-level educators, and young adolescents locally and statewide.
10. Have an opportunity to “give back” to the profession, to help others as well as yourself. Demonstrate your middle-level professionalism today by joining NYSMSA.